Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The New Kolbasa Diet


I've never cooked kolbasa before. I mean bought it raw and cooked it, so last night I was googling how to ccook it. I remember Mister Anchovy's mom used to have it in fridge already cooked and then would dice it up and fry it. Very tasty. So I find that we need to boil the sausage first. It's funny because I've been visiting Mr.A's blogroll...and saying hi here and there...and "Bacon and Eh's" was thinking of an idea of a sausage review blog. I think what a fun idea! I am trying to lose weight. I quit smoking a few months ago and have in classic tradition gained weight. So...a little less food for me! but I need lots of flavour to feel sated. So...

Usually I steam cauliflower to make a salad. But I felt like sauting it this time. The salad recipe is JUST like how you would make potato salad only I use cauliflower instead of potatoes. That way its diety. No potatoes! Potatoes, bread, rice and noodles are like eating sugar and too challenging for the metabolism. Makes people gain weight. I boil up some eggs, mix in mustard, olives maybe, some pickles, onions...?

Now, these nice looking kolbasa have browned up super yummy. this is a real summery feeling dinner. Caulifower salad(fake potato salad!) and sausage. Yum.

I almost tagged Mr.A. but he is away...I was "tagged" for the first time, you can read my answers here.

No comments: