Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Help Candy Beat Kawasaki


Um, this is my shameless plea for moral support. This is war! I have been following a blog by Guy Kawasaki...an icon of business and marketing. He is famous for working for Apple Computers and writing several self-help business books. I like the guys work...nothing personal...but I decided to spar. He is trying to make it to top ten in Technorati ranking system. I decided I would try to beat him. I've been blogging about a month less than him. He is ranked 44. I didn't even know what Technorati was when I read about him boasting of his rank. Hey, he I am sure deserves it, he helps a lot of people, I just found it funny he was so INTO it...so I joined Technorati I was ranked at almost 1,94,673. I am now ranked # 142, 914...heh heh. I got inspired and decided it would intimidate my worthy opponent if I painted his portrait...so I have been working slowly from a photo online to weaken my opponent psychologically. I think Kawasaki has even been to my blog and wished me well to get to top ten before him. He said he was flattered by my attention! Ha I will break him! His rank is # 46 today. I am strong...a formidable ring mate.

I have hand made little postcards and dropped them off around Chicago, mailed some to my sister and friends in Toronto and Vancouver asking them to distribute them in coffee shops, bookstores etc......hoping someone will link me, maybe even some body will find something of interest at my blog...and then link me...

You can see how I started this painting and how it has grown here and here. See how sad I am I am actually linking MYSELF here, but Kawasaki does it all the time in his own blog!!! I haven't begged for any "mercy links" but meanwhile Kawasaki has said, (paraphrase) that he doesn't care if he is teased for watching and obsessing over his technorati rank...just as long as he gets linked. Maybe someone out there will drop by here, take pity on me and give me a mercy link? But check out my painting and it's journey...I offer up entertainment in my quest to BEAT KAWASAKI!

I am on a diet, eating the intimidating kolbasa sausage for victory! and excercising...okay, so I walked to the coffee shop down the street, okay...later after I paint some more...I am going to the bar for an afternoon pint. I shall conquer!

Paint on paint off, paint on paint off...my blog address if you feel like linking me is...http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/ THANKS!!!

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

Just stopping by to check out your blog. Very impressive, I like it.
I will come back and read more when I have more time.

I did finish my tag by the way.
Thanks for visiting my blog.