Friday, May 26, 2006

Food


food, originally uploaded by mister anchovy.

When I passed this sign, located on the Lake Michigan side of Highway 2 west of Manistique, I had to slam on the brakes and screech to a stop. I loved the directness of it. No messing about here...other signs in the same area advertised smoked fish, jerky, pasties, and so on, but this one was so beautifully self-contained. Need food - stop here. I took this photo between rainstorms - I love how dark and forboding it looks. Naturally, I had breakfast and the joint across the street. It turned out to be a charming little restaurant, all decorated for a highschool grad party. They had printed up placemats with yearbook pictures from the class of 2006....there was even a little symbol denoting which of the kids were honour students. Totally adorable. I told the waitress I thought it was great the restaurant got involved with the community that way. Breakfast was excellent too. So if you're driving through the UP and you see this FOOD sign, stop in for some.

1 comment:

Candy Minx said...

That' wonderfullll "FOOD" on two sticks.

It almost beats out "Jesus on a stick" Why didn't we take a picture of that!

Welcome back !!!