Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Debate in Ward 11


PB010006, originally uploaded by mister anchovy.

I live in Ward 17 in Toronto, but I'm actively supporting a candidate for City Councillor in Ward 11, Rocky Gualtieri. The picture here is from the all-candidates debate tonight in Mount Dennis. That's Rocky to the left. Beside him is grass-roots candidate Pansy Mullings, then the NDP-backed Paul Ferreira, and finally the sitting Councillor, Frances Nunziata. I think it was clear to most of the people out for the debate tonight that it is indeed time for a change. The Councillor has had ample opportunity to improve the ward....

Gualtieri is a long-time resident in the area who is committed to taking on tough issues in Ward 11. I know he is a man with great drive and energy, who will work hard for the community. I hope to see Ward 11 voters give him an opportunity.

No comments: