Monday, May 08, 2006

A Scandalli for a song


I was at a birthday party with Tuffy P. recently, when somebody came up to me and said hey I hear you play the accordion. She said she had an old accordion that belonged to I don't remember and she tried to sell it in her town but was told accordions don't have any value anymore.....so she gave it away. I wonder, she asked, if you could tell me if this instrument had any value.

Do you know where it was made? Yes, in Italy. I see. Any idea how old? About 60 years - but it is in beautiful shape. All the notes work and it looks really good - very well cared for. Hmmmmm. Did it have a brand name on it? Why yes it did. It was made by some company called Scandalli. My heart begins to race. Scandalli, you say? Yes, is that a good company. Yes, I replied, it is a good company. Well anyway, I gave it away..... Too bad I didn't know you - I would have given it to you.
C'est la vie, eh.

1 comment:

Candy Minx said...

ooh, that hurts.