Saturday, May 20, 2006

Ghost Riders

One last post before turning anchovy headquarters over to Candy. I'll leave you with a tune, Ghost Riders in the Sky by the late Handsome Ned. Anyone who spent any time at all hanging out around Queen W here in Toronto in the first half of the 80s will be familiar with Ned. He played with the Sidewinders, then his own band that was at one time called The Handsome Neds. I think sometimes it was the Hillbilly Hayseeds, if I am remembering correctly. Ned used to have a radio show as well, on CKLN - The Honkytonk Hardwood Floor Show, to which he often arrived late. Unfortunately, Ned checked out early, leaving a big hole in the Queen W. music scene at that time. I'm pretty sure this version of Ghost Riders was recorded at Harbourfront.....and I think I may have been at that show....

I'll be back next weekend...

No comments: