Thursday, January 26, 2006

Review: Nama Sushi, on St. Clair (in Toronto)

Yesterday, Tuffy and I bundled up and walked east on St. Clair to Nama Sushi, east of Christie, on the north side of St. Clair. It's about a 45 minute walk from casa del anchovy. It was a treat, to celebrate Tuffy's birthday.

Nama is a clean, modest restaurant. Service is very good. You are greeted when you enter and thanked when you leave. We enjoyed some beautiful shrimp and vegetable tempura - light, crispy - just right, bbq salmon skin rolls, and a good selection of sushi. I'm not a sushi expert by any means - but I find the food here to be tasty, and made with care.

Price is moderate. I think we paid $70 for dinner, which included a couple beer and a good tip.

On the walk back, we stopped at a Portuguese bakery. I confess a weakness for Portuguese Custard Tarts, and brought a couple home to enjoy with coffee - Tuffy prefers cookies....

2 comments:

zydeco fish said...

"...and brought a couple home to enjoy with coffee..."

Coffee with milk?

mister anchovy said...

OK, I'll fess up, mister fish....coffee with milk.....1% milk, but still milk.