Saturday, June 07, 2008

Historic Building: Detail

Remember this post about the old Bank of Montreal building that's for sale in downtown Rossland? Well, there was an art exhibit in it today, and so off I went to discretely take some photos of the interior of this grand old building, while trying not to be too obvious about the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of our local art. Here are a few shots, and more can be found here.



1. Bank interior. Note arched windows, woodwork, and plaster detail on ceiling. Ignore hideous fluorescent lighting.
2. Original woodwork - the manager's office.
3. Plaster work detail.
4. Foyer ceiling detail.
5. Exterior of building as of today.

2 comments:

mister anchovy said...

Good job, special agent WC!

Wandering Coyote said...

Haha! Yes, I felt so evil with my ulterior motives...But, now I'd like to see the rest of the building; there are two more floors!