Saturday, March 29, 2008

CBC Radio Orchestra RIP

The CBC has announced the de-commissioning of the CBC Radio Orchestra after a 70 year run. I heard some folks on the radio talking about how an artistic treasure is being killed off without mercy. Apparently the CBC orchestra is one of the last of the radio orchestras. I guess it is the end of an era for radio. The move is being made to save money.

I really don't know much about the orchestra, not enough to have an opinion at least. What do you think? Is it a dinosaur that should be buried, or is it an artistic nugget that should be saved?

3 comments:

sp said...

Like you I don't know enough about it and maybe that says enough on its own.

Candy Minx said...

Cutting arts in order to save money is fucked up.

I say "save the orchestra!"...the more music the better...fire some managers because they don't seem to be doing their jobs...

BobMan said...

Visit SaveCBCOrchestra.

Sign the petition, rant, comment.

Tom