Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Anthony's Candy by Sheila Gregory


Anthony's Candy, originally uploaded by mister anchovy.

Mark your calendar. Sheila Gregory's new exhibition at Lonsdale Gallery, Sugar Bee, is open from November 9 - 30, 2006. There will be an opening reception on November 16, 5-7 pm - that's a Thursday night.

For those who don't know, Sheila Gregory is known here at Anchovy Headquarters as Tuffy P.

The painting in this picture is called Anthony's Candy. It is 5' tall and 4' wide, painted with acrylic paints on canvas.

Lonsdale Gallery is located right here in Toronto at 410 Spadina Road. Their telephone number is 416-487-8733. Lonsdale is on Spadina Rd., a couple blocks NORTH of St. Clair in Forest Hill Village.

4 comments:

Timmer said...

I always look forward to Sheila's exhibitions! Congratulations Sheila! I will see you there. Cheers!

* (asterisk) said...

Clearly I won't be able to make it, unfortunately, but good luck to Tuffy P. How cool is that? And this pic... any relation to our very own Candy and her Staggman?

Wandering Coyote said...

Hey - I remember this one. It was the painting that sparked that "what is art" debate between you me, Candy, and at one point, Tuffy. I still remember the original post where I first saw this painting. The image definitely has staying power!

mister anchovy said...

I agree WC, it is a very compelling image. I wish you could see the whole exhibition - Tuffy has put together a show with some tough compositional dialogue, and some surprising solutions.