Saturday, October 14, 2006

Busking



I played down at St. Lawrence Market for a couple hours today. It was a strange day. My usual spot was taken, so I played in the south building for a while, then after a sandwich and a chat with an old friend, I played outdoors on the north side until I was driven in by rain. Today was sunny, warm, cold, windy, rainy, and at one point this afternoon, we had a little hail storm.

I wasn't playing at my best today - I tried out a couple new tunes and butchered them pretty badly. It was a fun day though, because there were a number of kids around, and they were dancing and playing around, really enjoying the music. I let a few kids push the buttons on my button box, while I pushed and pulled the bellows, using the bass to try to hold it together as a bit of a crazy tune. The kids had a great time, and I did too.

5 comments:

Candy Minx said...

Well that's awesome you got out in all that weather!

Miss you and Tuffy P, hugs!

* (asterisk) said...

I didn't know you did audience participation!

Gardenia said...

sounds so fun - i wish you had pics to share -

Timmer said...

I'm going to get down there to say hello one of these Saturdays. Sounds fun!

mister anchovy said...

As we get into the colder weather, I'm going to work on expanding my repetoire, so I'll be out a lot less. I want to be able to switch back and forth from button box to piano accordion, but I need a lot of confidence building on the piano accordion before I'll be doing that!