Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I asked for it....

A while back, I stumbled upon a blogger who does reviews of blogs on request. I thought, oh that will be fun, and signed up......his blog is called Desert Odyssey, and he seems to be sincere about approaching his reviews thoughfully, based on some set ideas about what makes a blog good or not-so-good. I don't think I could do that job, because I don't have such a clear idea about what makes a blog good. I read the ones I find compelling, and I think I find different ones compelling for all sorts of reasons.

Well, the review of mister anchovy is up today. It's kind of interesting to me to hear what somebody thinks about this thing, since I pretty much make it up as I go along. The one part of his review that surprised me was the comments about the template. I hadn't really thought about the archives - good point - I will change them to monthly. I didn't occur to me that somebody would find this blog difficult to read. It reminds me of something I read about Vincent thinking the screaming yellow in his paintings was a calming element (I have no idea if he really thought that - only that I read it somewhere).

So, anyway, the rating for mister anchovy is "1 hump", which translates to "abysmal". I take some consolation, though, that I got the same rating as my pal Candy received for The Gnostic World of Candy Minx, I blog I particularly enjoy.

My question to you dear readers is this: would you prefer a softer, less jarring, more "mellow encore" kind of template, or is the one I have acceptable? While you're at it....if there's something about mister anchovy that drives you crazy or pisses you off, or simply bores the heck out of you, here is your opportunity to air it. All criticism accepted in good spirits today.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go have a double scotch and pout.....

6 comments:

* (asterisk) said...

Hey Mr A. I came to you via Lucky, although Candy Minx tells me you were the person who encouraged her to start a blog, so for that alone you deserve at least one more hump. As does Candy. I guess, some of us just don't get the humps we deserve...

Anyhoo, to answer your question, I think your blog looks good. As I say, I've not been here before, but I shall definitely come back!

C. said...

Don't worry about it man: I'm still a fan. My template's not going to win any design prizes either.

mister anchovy said...

Hey, thanks for visiting - I LOVE Locust St. It rocks!

theduckthief said...

I think the template's fine. It might just be the colour that's a little jarring but I might be biased. I'm not a big fan of yellow

greatwhitebear said...

YOur blog is perfect, accept the archives thing. I can read it with out having to put on reading glasses, and the color makes your photos stand out.

mister anchovy said...

yeh!!!