Sunday, October 09, 2005

A History of Violence

A short review:

Directed by David Cronenberg. Intense. Not for the squeamish. Beautifully shot. Well acted. Did I mention not for the squeamish?

This movie was set in the invented town of Millbrook Indiana, but I believe it was in fact filmed, at least in part, in the sleepy Ontario town of Millbrook, north east of Toronto. I recall driving through Millbrook around the time the film was made. I was looking for a little trout stream... The town Post Office was made up to look like an American Post Office....

3 comments:

greatwhitebear said...

this looks really good. i am planning on seeing it this weekend!

Wandering Coyote said...

I can't do Cronenberg after seeing Naked Lunch about 50 times because of a film studies course I was taking. I had to write a paper on it. That movie was just too weird for me so I'm a bit put off...

mister anchovy said...

this one is more mainstream, but still twisted and gory...