Monday, September 07, 2009

Extract

Extract is a film about a guy who owns a mid-sized fairly successful business who works a lot of hours, doesn't spend much time with his wife, drinks a lot in a local bar, has an obnoxious neighbour, and has pretty bad judgement. There's a little more to it than that, but you get the picture.

I was looking forward to this one, from Mike Judge, who wrote and directed the wonderful Office Space. Extract was fun, and funny too. I thought there was a lot of gold to mine in the factory that received only a light surface treatment, and that was too bad. The plot was ordinary, with an occasional satisfying twist.

I'll call this one a fun night out. I was disappointed in that I felt it could have been something much better.

I give this one 2 and a half anchovies on the 5 salty scale.

No comments: