Monday, May 04, 2009

Vacation

I started three weeks of vacation today. I'd like to say I was ready for a vacation, but then, who isn't? I decided to take the time to work with our new pup a little each day, and at the same time, do some work around the house.

Today I did some work on the front garden, moved around where we keep our various garbage and recycle bins at the side, and improved a bark chip path that forms the access to the back yard. Tomorrow, I have a couple yards of triple mix coming, and I'm going to work on making a raised shady perennial garden in the back. I found some interlocking blocks that had been discarded along the edge of the property and decided they would be fine for forming the garden.

I'll take some garden pictures and post them tomorrow.

6 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

You sure know how to relax on your vacations!

Wandering Coyote said...

Yay vacation! Yay gardening! Looking forward to pictures!

mister anchovy said...

Tuffy P was off today, but unfortunately she has to work while I'm off.

Karen said...

Three weeks? Oh my goodness, I'm jealous. Good for you though. Enjoy your time off! Looking forward to the garden pics.

Greg S. said...

Three weeks at home? That sounds like relaxation (as long as you don't overdo the chores around the house). I'd like to do that some day, too. Or are you going to try to get away for a few days? In any event, enjoy!

mister anchovy said...

It will be hard to get away with a young puppy around the house...I might be able to sneak out for an evening or two of fly fishing though...