Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Torontonians: have any of you eaten from one of the new ethnic food carts yet?

The City decided some time ago that Toronto was ready to embrace street food that goes beyond the sausage. Who knew it was actually a rule? This venture is highly regulated. In fact, I understand that many vendors have been scared away by the rulebook and the fees. None-the-less, two new carts have opened for business at Nathan Phillips Square, serving Greek and Indian foods, and more carts are slated to appear in other locations in coming weeks.

Bland
Healthier than Burgers
Carts court street food crowd
Hotdog sellers steamed
a la cart

Next time I'm near one of the new carts, I'll definitely stop by for a snack.

3 comments:

sp said...

I didn't know it was a rule either. How silly. I hope a similar idea hits the streets of Vancouver.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

There seems to be quite a lot of controversy over this from many directions. Do let us know what you think, once you have sampled the wares.

Candy Minx said...

I look forward to hearing how they taste!