Sunday, February 15, 2009

Corridinho

This is traditional Portuguese dance music, fast and lively.

Here's one on a chromatic button accordion... A corridihno is like a race. Listen to this one and you'll see what I mean.


This player is playing a piano accordion that looks to be a similar model to the one I recently bought, with the curious "mutes".


Here's another chromatic button accordion player. It's beautiful to watch him navigate that sea of buttons!


Here's the dance (I'm getting dizzy):


Finally, I posted this strange video once before quite a while back, and I stumbled upon it again today. There are two players playing the right had side of this diatonic button accordion. Highly unusual novelty playing...but they keep it together.

3 comments:

Gardenia said...

The top cat is wonderful - I hope you have printed that piece of digital art for framing somewhere!!!! It's too much that the kitty's got the gator! :) Cajun cat it is!

mister anchovy said...

That's Jacques, our kitten, with his favourite toy, a gator we bought in New Orleans.

Candy Minx said...

I love the colours in the videos. And agree with Gardenia that the new header pic is great.