Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Doc Watson

I think this year guitar great Doc Watson will be 86. I have a real soft spot for Mr. Watson, his songs, his singing and especially his beautiful flat-picking. When I hear him play, I want to go out and buy me a guitar and maybe take a break from squeezebox and learn a little about guitar picking.

Here's a beautiful piece, Black Mountain Rag


Tennessee Stud


Summertime and the livin is easy. Doc plays this with his grandson Richard


Make me a pallet on your floor - Doc plays with his son the late Merle Watson


Doc Watson is very well recorded. If you're interested in obtaining some of his recordings and you don't know where to start, I call tell you with confidence that it's all very good. An excellent start would be any of the recordings of Doc and Merle Watson together

No comments: