Friday, November 14, 2008

Skills for Change

Yesterday I volunteered for the afternoon at an organization called Skills for Change Diversity at Work.

Established in 1982, Skills for Change is a non-profit agency providing
learning and training opportunities for immigrants and refugees
so that they can participate in the workplace and wider community.


I performed some mock job interviews for some of their clients who have little or no experience in the Canadian job market, and provided feedback and suggestions for improvement. It was a very rewarding experience, and hopefully I was able to help a few people gain skills and confidence. I signed up to do this through the people at my workplace who canvas for the United Way.

2 comments:

Candy Minx said...

Fantastic! What an incredible workshop to be involved in and to have such a rewarding experience at your JOB...must feel great! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

What a generous giving of your communications skills!
Muppie