Sunday, March 16, 2008

Memorial to Kevin

Yesterday, Tuffy and I and Tuffy's dad drove out to Peterborough for a memorial for our late cousin Kevin. A number of people spoke about Kevin and their relationship to him, and it was warm and heartfelt, and very emotional.

As well, there was a duo playing guitar and fiddle throughout much of the event, and you know how much I like folk music. They were good players and fun to listen to. We also enjoyed some tasty sandwiches and other goodies, and plenty of conversation. I discovered that an old friend of Kevin's, going back to their teens, is a fellow I used to work with. Small world.

I was even called upon to play a few tunes on my button accordion, which I was very happy to do.

It was good to have the chance to spend some time with family and friends, remembering Kevin, talking about good times and tough times. The family also put together a beautiful book featuring some pieces written by a number of people special to Kevin.

3 comments:

Bridget Jones said...

Are you OK, Mr. A? Sounds like a wonderful memorial.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Soz yer lost him mate. Life's a bitch eh? :-(

Gardenia said...

It sounds like a wonderful funeral/memorial to your friend - music and friends all around