Saturday, February 23, 2008

City Beat - filling in potholes

I was out and about earlier today and saw a team of City workers filling in potholes on St. Clair near Gunns Loop. I reported about these mammoth chasms in the road a week or so ago, and I also heard a local morning radio host talk about how dangerous that stretch of road had become. It looked to me like they were doing a temporary fix today, dumping asphalt into the holes and tamping it down - but I was happy to see this step taken before somebody was seriously hurt.

Meanwhile, I've seen evidence over the past week that some snow removal is being done on city streets - even though I haven't actually seen the workers out there filling the trucks. I suspect that warm weather will take care of the snow on Rue Anchovy before the city folks find our little street.

No comments: