Friday, January 11, 2008

Squeezebox Dogs - J'ai passé devant ta porte

Here's another waltz, J'ai passé devant ta porte. This is an old Cajun favourite, but our version is a bit different.

For those who are interested, this one has lyrics too, which are always sung in Cajun French, but you'll hear no singing from Sqeezebox Dogs.

J'ai passé devant ta porte.
J'ai crié "bye-bye" la belle.
'Y a personne qui m'a repondu!
O yé yé, mon coeur fait mal!

Moi, je m'ai mis à bien observer.
Moi, j'ai vu des chandelles allumé.
'Y a qu'quechose disait j'aurait pleuré.
O yé yé, mon coeur fait mal!


Again, I play my Guerrini button accordion, and I think I did the triangle on this one. John plays accordions and keyboards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice song Mr. A. The quality is very clear and good!

george0506 said...

Very nice!
I've been listening to a number of versions for ideas to come up with something different for a fiddle version and it's amazing how many variations there are.