Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blast from the past department



This was part of the first group of paintings in the studio (formerly known as the shed) now known as The Secret Lab. The painting is called St. Phillips and it was done during the 2001/2002 winter. The title refers to a little town in Newfoundland Tuffy P and I visited when were were out there for our honeymoon. There was a trail up along some cliffs, and a beautiful forest. We did some drawings in there. The painting wasn't based on the drawings, but was inspired by the place.

1 comment:

Candy Minx said...

Very nice.

We've been watching Snoop Dog's Fatherhood unscripted series...and yesterday I said to Stagg...hey he has a secret lab like Mr Anchovy. (Snoop converted a shed into his area with games, hockey, meditation and chicken wings) A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

p.s.hey Vox...I haven't read your post yet because I'm still working on my solution. I thought you might enjoy taking a peek at my blog because there is a cool link to an animated film "explaining" 2001 movie...that is if you haven't come across it before...and when are you starting a blog?