Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blogger not cooperating

Well, I started messing about with my template tonight, including adding a new banner with photos, that I did up in PhotoShop. I loaded earlier versions no problem, but when I tried to load the final version, Blogger just decided not to cooperate...no explanation, no error messages, nada. I just couldn't upload the picture. So, if you see some inexplicable changes happening to my banner Sunday, it's just me trying to get my new banner in place. grrrrrr

Update:
I was able to do some of the things I wanted to my template but not all, using Blogger's handy widget. For instance, I merged two link lists, but when I tried to create a new link list page element, I was able to do it in Safari but not in Firefox, and in neither could I then move the page element. I hope Blogger will still let me mess with the html...maybe I can go into the code and do what I want that way (kinda like the old blogger, eh?)

7 comments:

Gardenia said...

Well, I like this "banner" you have up! After Candy made the jump, I've been thinking about it...but kind of chicken hearted - I would like to put in the banner I use for my website & tie it all together. Well, may this happen quickly for you so you can get out and enjoy your garden! When does winter strike up there?

mister anchovy said...

depends what you mean by winter

Gardenia said...

when all the plants freeze up - and snow comes.

What have you mulched with?

Looks like you are using a lot of rock, large and small. Looks very nice. No rocks here - have to buy them. Maybe I should rent a truck and bring rocks back from Wyoming to sell here. Just kidding.

mister anchovy said...

We often have a killing frost in the Toronto area by the end of September, but not always. Some years, it is not until late in October or even into November. Some plants can handle the frost and keep on going for quite a while, while others keel over on the first icy morning. Normally, September and October are lovely months here, and November normally gets blustery and cold. We occasionally see a little snow in November, and sometimes a snowstorm or two in December. January and February are the nasty months and March is our hope month.

Anonymous said...

Banner looks good. I love the train photo.

Wandering Coyote said...

Yeah, love the banner. How do I get one on my blog?

Gardenia: Winter comes to these old mountains sometime in October. The joke around here is that you have to make your kids' Halloween costumes a few sizes too big to accommodate the snow suit!

mister anchovy said...

LM: thanks. I took the train photo in the Crowsnest Pass in Alberta last summer.

WC: I made the banner in PhotoShop and then uploaded it to the blog using the tool Blogger provides to do that. (lots of trial and error involved)