Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I've been tagged...

And that's OK...I don't mind answering questions. I don't play by the rules though, and readers of mister anchovy may have figured out that I don't tag anybody for anything. So, my apologies to Diana from Americans in Singapore.

My Top 5 local places to eat

This is a tough one because I like to eat at all sorts of places....but, and in no particular order:

The Big Ragu. It's in the hood, and I can walk there in 10 minutes. It's small. The food rocks. The waitress takes time to learn your name. I feel very comfortable there.

Vesuvios. Also in the neighbourhood, they've been making some of the best pizza in Toronto's west end as long as I can remember.

San Francesco Foods on Clinton. They still make about the best hot veal sandwiches in the land. I'll have a chinotto with mine, and a handful of extra-hot olives.

Ernies. I think he finally retired, but Ernie ran the street meat wagon just off Yonge St. by Ryerson. Sausage anyone?

Susur's. I can't afford to eat there, but I was a guest once in the private room in the back for a Chinese New Year celebration, and it was nothing short of incredible.

3 comments:

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

No apologies needed. Thanks for playing along. If I ever get to Toronto, I'll know where I should go for good food.

Red said...

I enjoy reading about eating establishments!

zydeco fish said...

Yup, Ernie is gone and sadly missed by lots. He always had advice to dispense and lots of listeners.