Monday, April 30, 2007

Received this email today....

This is from a web-hosting outfit I've used to host a couple websites I've built for people....

Your refund for ICANN Fee overpayment
******************************************

Dear mister anchovy,

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN(R)) recently agreed to reduce their Registrar Transaction Fee from $.25 to $.22. What does this mean for you?

Good news. You have been credited $.03/yr for each domain name you registered or renewed dating back to July 1, 2006* -- $.03 has been placed into your account with this customer number: 9876543.

Your in-store credit will be applied to your purchases until it's gone or for up to 12 months, whichever comes sooner. If you have any questions, please contact a customer service representative at 480-XXX-XXXX


I'm sure they spent more than $.03 typing the email. It occurred to me that I could call their customer service line and ask just that question.

1 comment:

Candy Minx said...

This is so weird huh? It must be a form letter...?

I had trouble posting a comment here lately sorry. I liked the interview you did with Gardenia very much good reading.