Friday, April 13, 2007

The Departed


The Departed has received mixed reviews, and it's taken me and Tuffy P a while to get around to watching it. We saw it tonight on DVD, downstairs on our ancient 13" set we call The Media Centre.

I loved just about everything about this film. The acting was superb; the script was excellent. The cinematography was perfect. I confess that I have a soft spot for Scorcese's films....I like to think it's because they're damned good. This one is all about identity, loyalty and power. Load up the dump-truck with salties friends, this one gets a top rating.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I wasn't too excited about seeing this and did so reluctantly. Glad I did, I really enjoyed it! And the acting was much better than I had expected.

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

I'm watching this one this week while working out on my elliptical. I'm liking it a lot. Great action, and the plot moves along at a break neck pace. I didn't work out today, maybe I'll finish it tomorrow. Watching movies to work out is a good incentive for me. :D

tshsmom said...

We enjoyed it too! The plot and acting were superb.
We rented Blood Diamond at the same time and were impressed with it as well.

* (asterisk) said...

I don't tend to watch remakes of films, especially when I've seen the original, so I'll probably give this a miss...

zydeco fish said...

I agree. I liked this one very much. I just saw Borat, and I can't say that I liked it very much.

mister anchovy said...

I haven't seen Borat, and don't plan to.

Anonymous said...

There are many things I liked about The Departed. Especially the ending. It ended at the right time in the right way. I don't want to give anything away ... all I can say is that the pacing works very well throughout the film and the ending follows suit.