Saturday, December 23, 2006

Santa Claus Blues



Since this is called Santa Claus, I guess you could call it a Christmas song, but it is one strange Christmas song....you see, Sonny Boy got caught with his hand in his baby's dresser drawer....and the landlady got mad and called the law....but poor old Sonny Boy was just tryin to find his Santa Claus. Enjoy.

Here's a Sonny Boy video that Fitzgerald posted on Squeeze my Lemon a while back, for those of you not hip to Sonny Boy.

And here's a profile.

PS.....I don't know who the dude is with the Glendora sign. I found it scouring the web with Google images, and I hope I'll be forgiven for pasting it here. Sonny Boy once recorded an autobiographical song in Europe that had lyrics (and I'm paraphrasing - it's been a while) that go like: I was born, 1897, Glendora Mississippi, but a few years later, I moved to the States, that was no mistake......

No comments: