Sunday, July 23, 2006

William





William is my first cat. Before he came on the scene, I was allergic to cats. Tuffy had Twiggy at that time, and if I even patted Twig, I would break out in hives. I have no idea really how William helped me overcome the allergy. I'm not exactly sure how old he is, but it seems to me he must be 13 or 14. I named him after blind Willie McTell, because when I brought him home he howled the blues for three days and three nights. He wasn't amused.

In the picture with the two cats, William is with Delia. I got Delia after I had William for almost a year. The problem was that William needed constant attention. I would play games with him, but once he figured out the game, he would get restless for a new one. So I brought Delia into the picture...named her after the Willie McTell tune, Delia. That Delia was shot to death by her lover, Cutty, but my Delia was only tormented a little by William.

2 comments:

* (asterisk) said...

I was allergic to cats before Wife and I got ours. I tell lots of people this, hoping to turn them into cat people, but they just don't believe it. I think it's just about exposure, and your body becoming accustomed. Finally someone else who has been de-allergized! Thanks Mr A.

William and Delia look great, by the way.

sp said...

Very cute cats. My doctor once suggested that I might think about finding another home for my cat because of my allergies. Guess who won in the end?
I've also heard many stories of those who were allergic and eventually adapted. Go figure.