Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Paddy Rolling Stone: The Official Shane MacGowan Website

I saw this link posted over at Mookie and clicked through to check it out. I think the Pogues made some fabulous music in their day, and was curious as to what ex-Pogue MacGowan is up to. Well, this is just about the strangest site - check out the "official statements" from Shane MacGowan, and the weird petitions. Does that translate to continued substance abuse problems? Staggman says that whenever a band breaks up because the singer is too bad a junkie, the press release always says it's 'artistic differences'.....

2 comments:

zydeco fish said...

I feel sorry for that guy. The Pogues were one of my favourite bands.

greatwhitebear said...

sounds like McGowan has a bad contract with a bad agent, ala Billy Joel. These things tend to get ugly and very wierd. Too bad, I always like the Pogues music.